January 24, 2013
This is the first in a series of posts on the theme Digital Pathways. This first one is on digital footprints.
Nothing too original just a selection from a series of resources of some ideas and resources. Start with the video clip.
This video was created by Steve Johnson that created to help students understand the power of their digital footprint.
Analyse Your Digital Foot Print
- Are you proud of what you see?
- Any surprises?
- Are you embarrassed?
- What would you like to change or do in the future?
What can you do to answer these questions?
You can do more than Google yourself….
- If you are using twitter summarise how you appear by using TweetCloud http://tweetcloud.com
- Check out a summary of yearly photos on Facebook http://apps.facebook.com/my-year-in-photos
- Try Spezify which presents results from a range of websites in a visual format http://spezify.com/
- Also make use of pipl.com;
Interactive questions on using the Web.
ACMA CyberQuoll – Follow the cyberquolls through six episodes as they stumble through the pitfalls and triumphs of using the internet safely.
ACMA Cyber Netrix game – Create online room by working out how to stay out of trouble on the net.
A game to teach kids how to spot online marketing strategies and protect their personal information.
Protecting your digital footprint.