9 rules of stifling innovation
- Be suspicious of any new idea from below
- Invoke history
- Keep people really busy
- In the name of excellence, encourage cut-throat competition.
- Stress predictability above all.
- Confine discussion of strategies and plans to a small circle of trusted advisors.
- Act as though punishing failure motivates success.
- Blame problems on the incompetent people below — their weak skills and poor work ethic
- Above all, never forget that we got to the top because we already know everything there is to know about this business.