The habits of highly effective mediocre people
- Procrastination – body telling you need to back off a bit. May be you are not meant to do it –
- Zero Tasking – no such thing as multitasking – do one thing at a time. However, Zero Tasking is good. Out of silence comes the greatest creativity, not when you are rushing and panicking.
- Failure – life is a sentence of failures punctuated only by the briefest of successes. So you learn how to overcome failure and deal with the psychology of failure.
- Unoriginal ideas – I have never come up with an original idea in my life.
- The best ideas are to take two older ideas that have nothing to do with each other and see what happens. Facebook combined the internet with stalking. Twitter combined internet with SMS
- Poor networking – balance
- Do anything to get a yes – ulimately the big fish gets reeled in if enough people say yes.
- Judge people poorly – what is your original judgement of a person you meet the first time. Are the snap judgements accurate?
- Being mediocre doesn’t mean you won’t change the world. It means being honest with yourself and the people around you. And being honest at every level is really the most effective habit of all if you want to have massive success.